Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent


Well friends, it is Lent. If you are Catholic it means giving something up. Sacrificing like Jesus sacrificed for you. If you aren't Catholic means trying to figure out why Catholics think giving up candy is a sacrifice even remotely similar to what Jesus did. And here in lies my dilemma. I was raised Catholic but now I consider myself Lutheran. So, to give up or not to give up, that is the question. (And here you thought the question was "What's for dinner?")


So, here is what I have decided. I'm going to have several Lenten goals that will hopefully help me to be a better person. Here they are...



1. Be the better person (note, not a better person; the better person)

2. Be healthier

3. Be more organized

4. Be more spiritual



Great you say, but what did you make? Well, I made fliers for two of my goals. It is much easier to have Lenten goals if they are on snazzy fliers, Susan said so. And she is smart so I believe her.



I plan on putting a flyer for each on my refrigerator as a daily reminder of what I'm doing. I will be making a flyer with a quote from Mother Theresa (thanks Susan) that I will probably have as my desktop background.



But here are my fliers.




















I tried to come up with snappy names, heck I even went old school and got out my thesaurus, but I couldn't come up with anything, so it is what it is.


Whatever your Lenten/Spring plans are, I hope they work out for you. And remember, things are easier to do with a snappy flyer.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT EMILY----and the snazzy flyers to boot! You will do great with your lenten goals--looking forward to you updating us on your progress!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. Snazzy flyers--LOVE. Couldn't/Can't figure out what to give up either. I am trying to control the sweet eating in my attempt to lose the baby weight, too. (Except for Diet Coke, my stress levels can't handle giving that up.) I think I might have to do this--list/flyers for organization for summer vacay.

    ReplyDelete