Monday, November 21, 2011

Triple-Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie

We had a potluck at work today. I was going to make a cow cake to practice for the little people's birthday next month. I woke up yesterday and thought, I am not making a cow cake today. You really have to be in the mood for that kind of baking, not everyday is a cow cake day. In my defense I also had to make cupcakes to take the Big Brother's football potluck. When looking for cake mix I found I had a couple boxes of pumpkin spice pudding left over from my stockpile last year. Eureka! Pie.


This recipe comes from one of those tear off sheets on the display in the grocery store. As is often the case, it is very good. And do you remember Jell-O 1-2-3? If so you will totally get this pie. And if you don't. I'm sorry, you seriously missed out. I have no idea how it worked but Jell-O 1-2-3 was amazing.


The ingredients It was only after I made the pie that I realized that it would qualify as Crap I Make so I had to get stuff out of the garbage for the picture. Hence only one box of pudding and a slightly crumpled label from the pie crust.



Here are the ingredients


2 cups milk


2 small boxes pumpkin spice pudding


1/4 tsp cinnamon


1 8 oz tub Cool Whip


1 graham cracker pie crust


Mix pudding, cinnamon and milk together. Pour 1 1/2 cups pudding into bottom of crust. Mix 1/2 the tub of Cool Whip with the rest of the pudding and gently put on top of the pudding. Top the pie with the remaining Cool Whip.


Chill and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.



Now, let me answer your questions.


1. Why no, I'm not a food stylist. :)


2. You could totally use any other kind of pudding. I want to make this with chocolate and see how it turns out.


3. Sure, you can lie and say it is just as difficult to make as it looks.


4. Seriously, you don't know what Jell-O 1-2-3 was? Google it.


5. Don't bother using Cool-Whip, use the cheap store bought stuff. I only used the real stuff because that is what my husband picked up at Walgreens. And I totally used the $1 crust from Wal-Mart.


With the holidays coming I wanted to share this recipe. I hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment