Thursday, January 19, 2012

Best Project EVER!

Ok, this post is about my favorite project so far. Not only is it my favorite it is by far the easiest. Yes, even easier than the to-do list.







This project wasn't a solo endeavor, it was a family affair. So, what am I talking about you ask? A Blanket Fort of course!



It all started when I was playing a new game with the little people-Peek-A-Boo Hide and Seek. Basically, the kids would run around the corner and count (1, 2, 3, 4, 11) and I would "hide" under a blanket in the middle of the floor, then they would find me. Great fun! Then we started reading stories under the blanket. That was fun too, but it got very hot. So, I thought why not use the card table currently protecting the CDs from little hands as a base for a fort. Just then my husband said "Use the card table for a fort" (duh! I'm going to). And from this our fort was born. Lots of pictures will follow, but I also want to share a few things I learned.



1. Forts were bigger when I was smaller

2. We need a bigger card table

3. Forts are all fun until the next morning when your little person wants to play in the fort instead of going to daycare. "NO SCHOOL! PAHLAY"

4. It really isn't the expensive toys that make memories, it is the simple things.

Here are some pictures from Fort O.













No comments:

Post a Comment