Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rice

Yep, that's right today's blog post is all about me making rice. Now, I know what you are thinking..."Boil water, add rice, wait, viola...rice!" And to that I say "I never promised an exciting post."




So, here is the deal. This blog post is not just about making rice, it is about me conquering rice. Getting the best of rice. Making rice my, well this is a family blog so we won't go there.



I have a problem making rice. I just can't seem to do it. I really can't make Minute Rice, but that is ok because it is more expensive than regular rice so I'm just not even going to bother. In the last 2-3 weeks I have tried to make rice as many times. First was the "Mexican" rice for the tacoladas...enchilada sauce+water+rice=nasty undercooked rice. Then I wanted rice with soup sauce so I did some research and found that cream of chicken soup+water+rice=nasty undercooked rice. That was it. It was on. This challenge was now personal. I was not going to let a little thing (literally, a little thing) like rice get the best of me. I was trying one more time. To better my odds I decided to go with plain rice. No fancy pants rice for me. Just plain old white rice to go with my stir fry.



Here are the supplies:

Now, the package said butter was optional, but I wasn't taking any chances, so in it went. The package also said 1 3/4-2 cups of water, so to be safe I went halfway between the two.


The result:



Fluffy, yummy, not crunchy at all rice!!


Yay! I won! Dinner was saved. Next time I'll even make enough rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment